Laugh Track, who has failed to duplicate his second-place finish in the 2013 Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I) in two subsequent starts, returns to his favorite surface in the Commonwealth Stakes (gr. III) at Keeneland April 12.
Stalker Phil's Dream, overlooked at odds of 9-1, burst to the front near the sixteenth pole and rolled to victory in the Nearctic Stakes (Can-IT) on the turf in his graded-stakes debut Oct. 13 at rainy Woodbine.
The final Breeders' Cup "Win & You're In" challenge event for 2013 brings together a well-matched field of 11 in the $300,000 Nearctic Stakes (Can-IT) on the turf Oct. 13 at Woodbine.
Favored Temeraine, given a rail-skimming trip by Hall of Fame rider Gary Stevens, slipped through for a neck victory in the $399,000 Kentucky Turf Cup (gr. IIIT) on a stakes-filled afternoon at Kentucky Downs Sept. 14.
Flying Zee Stables' Street Game set an easy pace and never looked back, crushing a good field of 3-year-old turf milers in the $100,000 Hill Prince (gr. IIIT) June 18 at Belmont Park.
Stuart Janney III's homebred Air Support, a graded stakes winner on the Belmont turf a year ago, returns to New York as the one to beat in the $100,000 Hill Prince Stakes (gr. IIIT) on June 18.
Most Popular Stories
- Breeders' Cup Tickets Go On Sale March 4
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for March 3, 2015
- Fair Grounds Preps a Tale of Two Sexes
- Wise Dan Back Under Tack March 4, 2015
- Rock Diva Dances to Auckland Cup Victory
- Five-Year Suspension, $25,000 Fine for Chapa
- Lenny's Place: Spring Training Edition
- Lopez Lets El Kabeir Be 'The Boss'
- Slideshow: On the Way In Uruguay
- HOF Trainer Jerkens in Intensive Care in FL