Opening day at Keeneland offers one of the last gateways to a spot in the Xpressbet Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I), and it's a wide open contest.
Essence Hit Man, last year's Canadian champion sprinter, should get a stern test from undefeated Eternal Rule in the $150,000 Bold Venture Stakes (Can-III) on the night of July 18 at Woodbine.
With a well-timed ride by jockey Florent Geroux, Silverton Hills' Havelock got up in the final strides to overtake favored Lonesome Street to win the $150,000 Hanshin Cup (gr. III) by a neck.
An experienced field of older runners face off at Arlington in the grade III Hanshin Cup May 19 with a slew of recent winners set to go in a very competitive heat.
Lonesome Street and jockey Joel Rosario took advantage of a hotly contested early pace to rally from last to first for a decisive victory in the $175,000 Commonwealth Stakes (gr. II) at Keeneland April 14.
Dean's Kitten 2 1/2-length victory in the $500,000 Lane's End Stakes (gr. II) at Turfway Park March 27 pushes Ken and Sarah Ramsey's homebred right into the Kentucky Derby picture.
Most Popular Stories
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- Destin Work is 'Stamina Builder' for Belmont
- Kentucky Suspends Umarov for 10 Years
- Velasquez to Ride Full-Time at Gulfstream
- Rockingham to End All Operations Aug. 31
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Little Nappy is Shackleford's First Winner
- Taris Could Opt for Triple Bend Over Vanity
- Candy Ride Colt Tops Barretts Sale