Pierrot Lunaire, longest shot on the board at 48-1, took the lead over the final jump and held off a furious late charge from Spy in the Sky to win the $150,000 Lonesome Glory steeplechase (NSA-I) Sept. 27 at Belmont Park.
Good Night Shirt, tracing his own hoofprints that lead to a championship season in 2007, returned to Belmont Park on Sept. 21 and successfully defended his title as the heavy favorite in the second running of the $150,000 Lonesome Glory Steeplechase (NSA-I) at 2 1/2 miles over national fences.
Most Popular Stories
- Stars of the Oaks: Blind Luck
- Day By Day
- Seven Derby Hopefuls Bred Outside Kentucky
- Cairo Prince Scheduled for Ankle Surgery
- Tamarando Tries Turf in Snow Chief Stakes
- Champion Steeplechaser Flatterer Dies at 35
- That Handicapping Show: Derby Trial Stakes
- Kentucky Derby and Oaks Daily Updates
- NBC Sports Group to Air Derby, Triple Crown
- Social Inclusion Breezes, Preakness Targeted