Pierrot Lunaire, longest shot on the board at 48-1, took the lead over the final jump and held off a furious late charge from Spy in the Sky to win the $150,000 Lonesome Glory steeplechase (NSA-I) Sept. 27 at Belmont Park.
Good Night Shirt, tracing his own hoofprints that lead to a championship season in 2007, returned to Belmont Park on Sept. 21 and successfully defended his title as the heavy favorite in the second running of the $150,000 Lonesome Glory Steeplechase (NSA-I) at 2 1/2 miles over national fences.
Most Popular Stories
- Campaign to Expose Newcomers to Horses
- After the Wire: Santa Anita Handicap
- Pressure Off Sherman After 'Chrome's Dazzler
- Expectations High for OBS 2-Year-Old Sale
- Judy the Beauty Splendid in Las Flores Score
- Game On Dude Captures Record Third Big 'Cap
- Ramseys' Major Marvel Takes Barbados Gold Cup
- Darley Sire Lonhro Enters Australian Hall
- Honor Code Gets Tightener for Seasonal Debut
- Golden Gate Fields Adds Alcatraz Stakes