Pierrot Lunaire, longest shot on the board at 48-1, took the lead over the final jump and held off a furious late charge from Spy in the Sky to win the $150,000 Lonesome Glory steeplechase (NSA-I) Sept. 27 at Belmont Park.
Good Night Shirt, tracing his own hoofprints that lead to a championship season in 2007, returned to Belmont Park on Sept. 21 and successfully defended his title as the heavy favorite in the second running of the $150,000 Lonesome Glory Steeplechase (NSA-I) at 2 1/2 miles over national fences.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Hidden Lake Dies at 23
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Jockey Gallardo to Try Southern California
- Outwork, Speightster Retire to WinStar
- Borell Enters Alford Plea on Cruelty Charges
- Stopchargingmaria in F-T November Sale
- Excessively Alike
- Santa Anita Installs Barn Surveillance System
- Charlton’s Abbotts Retiring on Own Terms
- Gainesway launches new website