Pierrot Lunaire, longest shot on the board at 48-1, took the lead over the final jump and held off a furious late charge from Spy in the Sky to win the $150,000 Lonesome Glory steeplechase (NSA-I) Sept. 27 at Belmont Park.
Good Night Shirt, tracing his own hoofprints that lead to a championship season in 2007, returned to Belmont Park on Sept. 21 and successfully defended his title as the heavy favorite in the second running of the $150,000 Lonesome Glory Steeplechase (NSA-I) at 2 1/2 miles over national fences.
Most Popular Stories
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- Record Tiznow Colt Lives Up to Expectations
- Animal Kingdom's First N. Hemisphere Starter Wins Big
- Tiznow Colt Brings $2.45 Million at OBS
- Strong Gains at OBS Session Led by Record Tiznow Colt
- Derby, Oaks Notes from Churchill Downs, April 27
- Sharp: Girvin Still on Track for Kentucky Derby
- Santa Anita Officials Confident Future Cards Will Fill
- Paradise Woods Records Final Work for Kentucky Oaks
- Pletcher Considering Royal Ascot for American Patriot