Grade I winner Boisterous is looking to get back on track in the $200,000 Knickerbocker Stakes (gr. IIIT) Oct. 12 at Belmont Park, a race he has won twice before, but Live Oak Plantation's Za Approval looms large.
Phipps Stable's Boisterous, winner of the Man o' War Stakes (gr. IT) and Monmouth Stakes (gr. IIT) this summer, is looking to get back to the winner's circle in the Bowling Green Handicap (gr. IIT) at Belmont Park Sept. 7.
Boisterous may have won the Man o' War Stakes (gr. IT) last time out at Belmont Park, but he isn't scaring away competition from the Aug. 17 Sword Dancer Invitational Handicap (gr. IT) at Saratoga Race Course.
Maryland shipper London Lane, ignored at odds of 50-1, charged from the rear down the center of the track to land the $300,000 Colonial Turf Cup (gr. IIT) in a shocker June 22 at Colonial Downs.
Atigun and Air Support head a solid field of eight older horses, including Swift Warrior, ready to duke it out in the $300,000 Colonial Turf Cup Stakes (gr. IIT) June 22 at Colonial Downs.
Roman Tiger, whose two stakes wins this year include a triumph in the Tampa Bay Stakes, headlines a field of nine in the Sussex Stakes at the same 1 1/16-mile distance as the Tampa Bay Stakes.
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Legends: Charlie Whittingham, the Bald Eagle
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Recruiting Ready Signs on for Bashford Manor
- Limousine Liberal Seeks Graded Score in Smile
- Six Neglected Horses Cleared to Leave Farm