The Dubai World Cup is quickly approaching. Many of the world's best are likely entrants for the March 29 Dubai World Cup race card. Here are my thoughts on the Dubai World Cup races. read blog
There are 36 grade/group I winners, including former American star Ron the Greek, among the fields taking shape for the eight Thoroughbred stakes on Dubai World Cup (UAE-I) card March 29.
Teruya Yoshida's homebred Logotype, Japan's champion 2-year-old male last season, stormed to a course-record win in the Satsuki Sho (Jpn-I) or Japanese Two Thousand Guineas at Nakayama Racecourse April 14.
War Emblem, the 2002 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner who has had a limited number of foals due to his selectivity in the breeding shed, has been represented by a champion in Japan.
PORTER ON PEDIGREES, by Alan Porter
Lohengrin was not represented by anything of particular note from his first crop, but in his second crop he has not only Logotype, but also Gottfried.
Logotype turned back a strong challenge from favorite Codino and prevailed by a neck in a thrilling upset performance in Japan's top race for juvenile males, the Asahi Hai Futurity Stakes (Jpn-I), on Dec. 16.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah to Continue Racing
- Top Sprinter Secret Circle Retired to Stud
- First Winner Lands for Sire General Quarters
- Boden Takes on Key Positions at Calumet Farm
- Top Sanford Runners Meet Again in Hopeful
- Ireland and the Thoroughbred
- Former Derby Museum Resident Au Moon Dies
- La Jolla Rivals Challenge Prospect Park Again
- Stronach Group Still Interested in Suffolk
- Prize Exhibit Takes on Older in Yellow Ribbon