The Dubai World Cup is quickly approaching. Many of the world's best are likely entrants for the March 29 Dubai World Cup race card. Here are my thoughts on the Dubai World Cup races. read blog
There are 36 grade/group I winners, including former American star Ron the Greek, among the fields taking shape for the eight Thoroughbred stakes on Dubai World Cup (UAE-I) card March 29.
Teruya Yoshida's homebred Logotype, Japan's champion 2-year-old male last season, stormed to a course-record win in the Satsuki Sho (Jpn-I) or Japanese Two Thousand Guineas at Nakayama Racecourse April 14.
War Emblem, the 2002 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner who has had a limited number of foals due to his selectivity in the breeding shed, has been represented by a champion in Japan.
PORTER ON PEDIGREES, by Alan Porter
Lohengrin was not represented by anything of particular note from his first crop, but in his second crop he has not only Logotype, but also Gottfried.
Logotype turned back a strong challenge from favorite Codino and prevailed by a neck in a thrilling upset performance in Japan's top race for juvenile males, the Asahi Hai Futurity Stakes (Jpn-I), on Dec. 16.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Draws Post 13, is 3-1 Derby Favorite
- Unlocking Winners Kentucky Derby 142 Analysis
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Team Optimistic, Nyquist 'Full of Energy'
- Beholder to Make 2016 Debut in Adoration
- Repole Returns With Outwork for Uncle Mo
- Big Blue Kitten Heads Woodford Turf Classic
- Lady Aurelia Awaits Queen Mary at Ascot
- Bensons Hope to Let Good Times Roll in Derby
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite