Al Naamah, a daughter of Galileo who brought a filly world-record price of 5 million guineas at the 2013 Tattersalls October yearling sale, was successful in her career debut at France's Chantilly Racecourse June 23.
A Galileo filly, which is a full sister to 2012 Investec Epsom Oaks (Eng-I) winner Was, topped the second session of Book 1 of the Tattersalls October yearling sale. She commanded 1.5 million guineas.
Outsider Was gamely held off the late charge of Shirocco Star to win the $542,500 Investec Oaks (Eng-I) by a neck at Epsom June 1.
An Invincible Spirit colt, which brought 440,000 euros ($633,147 in U.S. funds), was the most expensive horse sold during the opening session of Arqana's Deauville August yearling sale in France.
The second session of the Book 2 portion of Tattersalls' October yearling sale posted increases of 3.1% in average price and 6% in median price from 2009.
A Galileo filly brought 1.2 million guineas ($1,993,173 in U.S. funds) to top the opening session of Book 1 of the Tattersalls October yearling sale in England.
Demi O'Byrne purchased a Galileo filly for nearly $2 million during the opening session of the Book 1 portion of the Tattersalls October yearling sale.
Sheikh Hamdan, attending in person, led the way on day one of Goffs' Orby Million sale in Ireland on Monday when paying 550,000 euros for a yearling colt by his stallion Alhaarth.
Most Popular Stories
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'
- The Art of Exaggerator's Stud Deal
- Songbird Works at Santa Anita, Target Unknown
- Exaggerator Arrives at Belmont Park
- Si Sage Speeds to Whittingham Victory
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- California Chrome 'Stronger' in Los Al Drill
- Lexie Lou Back to Winning Ways at Woodbine
- Makahiki Wins Japanese Derby
- Royal Ascot Journey Confirmed for Tepin