Irish-bred Up and her yearling War Front filly bring $2.2 million and $800,000, respectively, at Keeneland January's second session, where average eked out an increase but median fell.
Aptly named Up, a multiple group stakes-winning daughter of top international sire Galileo, lit up the bid board when she was sold for $2.2 million during the Jan. 13 second session of the Keeneland horses of all ages sale.
Keeneland's January horses of all ages sale kicked off with solid trade and a gain in median but few fireworks during the opening session Jan. 6 in Lexington.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Chrome' Draws Outside Post 9 for World Cup
- Four Penn National Vets Face Federal Charges
- American Trainers Approve Meydan Move to Dirt
- Casners Aim to Add Chapter to Dubai Success
- Champion Sire Smart Strike Euthanized
- BC Classic Winner Concern Dies at 24
- The One That Got Away
- Wise Dan Making Progress, Still Tack-Walking
- Shared Belief Traveling East for CT Classic
- Unlocking Winners: Dubai and the Derby Preps