Oaklawn Park has canceled live race cards for Jan. 12 and 13 due to unsafe track conditions caused by heavy rains in Hot Springs, Ark.
Two consultants will soon issue a report recommending ways for Ohio to improve live racing apart from the anticipated revenue from video lottery terminals.
The New England Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association was prepared to offer a counterproposal to the management of Suffolk Downs Feb. 9 in an attempt to get back to the bargaining table and end their dispute.
Due to expected rain, sleet, and icy conditions, Aqueduct will not have live racing on Wednesday, Feb. 2. A decision on whether simulcasting will be available at Aqueduct will be made the morning of Feb. 2.
Live racing at Charles Town Races and Slots in West Virginia returned Saturday, Sept. 25 after a 12-day hiatus in which the track was forced to cancel eight days their live racing program. The facility was open for simulcasting during the respite.
Mountaineer Race Track & Gaming Resort, which was involved in a dispute with the Mountaineer Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association over a live racing and simulcast contract earlier this year, has announced an expanded live racing schedule for the remainder of 2003.
Most Popular Stories
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- Cairo Prince Leads Florida Derby Worktab
- Apprentice Boulanger Guides in First Winner
- Lexington Tracks Eye Instant Racing Licenses
- WV Racing, Breeding Take 10% Revenue Hit
- Trainer Chuck Treece Collects 1,000th Win
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- Strong Mandate Brings Lukas Back for More
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays