This year's Keeneland November sale realized significant gains in all categories, following the trend of growth seen in almost every major North American auction in 2013. read blog
There were few surprises Sept. 15 when The Jockey Club released the live foal report for 2011 that showed 23,558 live foals have been registered through Sept. 7 with a total North American crop estimation of 27,000. Download Report
As has been the trend with larger books of mares, The Jockey Club reported today that the number of stallions that covered mares in 2002 decreased, but the number of foals of 2003 increased.
During the breeding season of 2001, the number of stallions covering 100 or more mares actually decreased, but the stud horse that mounted the most mares blew the "cover" off the record.
For the first 64 days of the year, The Jockey Club has reported a significant drop in the number of Kentucky-bred foals. The decline was expected as a direct correlation to mare reproductive loss syndrome.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Named 2016 Longines World's Best Racehorse
- Arrogate Celebrated as Longines World's Best Racehorse
- Arrogate, California Chrome Meet Again in Pegasus
- Lea Gets Bay Filly as First Foal
- Smith Eagerly Awaits 'Chrome'-Arrogate Rematch
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - January 24, 2017
- Behind Scenes of Arrogate’s World’s Best Ranking
- Total of 418 3-year-olds Nominated to 2017 Triple Crown
- Champion Steeplechaser Rawnaq to Miss 2017 Season
- Shipley Named President, GM of Fair Grounds