This year's Keeneland November sale realized significant gains in all categories, following the trend of growth seen in almost every major North American auction in 2013. read blog
There were few surprises Sept. 15 when The Jockey Club released the live foal report for 2011 that showed 23,558 live foals have been registered through Sept. 7 with a total North American crop estimation of 27,000. Download Report
As has been the trend with larger books of mares, The Jockey Club reported today that the number of stallions that covered mares in 2002 decreased, but the number of foals of 2003 increased.
During the breeding season of 2001, the number of stallions covering 100 or more mares actually decreased, but the stud horse that mounted the most mares blew the "cover" off the record.
For the first 64 days of the year, The Jockey Club has reported a significant drop in the number of Kentucky-bred foals. The decline was expected as a direct correlation to mare reproductive loss syndrome.
Most Popular Stories
- Mastery Passes Two-Turn Test in Futurity
- Thomas Enjoying Versatile Bridlewood Role
- Abel Tasman Upsets American Gal in Starlet
- California Chrome Logs Final 'Challenge' Work
- Bode's Dream Perfect in House Party
- Paulassilverlining Golden in Garland of Roses
- Greatbullsoffire Runs Away With MD Futurity
- Mobile Bay Turns Tables in LA Classic
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Los Al Gets Spotlight