There was spirited bidding Dec. 6 for U.S. grade I winner Alterite, who topped sales on opening day of the Arqana Deauville breeding stock sale at 1.1 million euros (US$1,351,459).
Making her United States debut, French-bred filly Alterite seized the lead past mid-stretch en route to a commanding victory in the $500,000 Garden City Stakes (gr. IT) over the inner turf Sept. 14 at Belmont Park.
Keeping with the international spirit of Dubai World Cup Day, an incredibly accomplished field of 16 older males and females from seven different countries will go postward in the Dubai Duty Free (UAE-I) at Nad Al Sheba Racecourse.
French raider Literato took the lead within the final furlong and tenaciously held off the determined rally of Eagle Mountain to claim a head victory in the Emirates Airline Champion Stakes (Eng-I) at Newmarket Oct. 20.
Most Popular Stories
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Six Neglected Horses Cleared to Leave Farm
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Gaudet, Amoss to Join Saratoga Live Team
- Fewer Fatalities Tied to Risk-Factor Changes
- A New Brand of Hero
- Bramlage: Decreased Use of Depo-Medrol a Plus
- AAEP Panel Calls for Additional EIPH Research
- F-T Horses of Racing Age Sale Catalog Online