The American Graded Stakes Committee of the Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association Dec. 4 presented its listing of U.S. graded and listed stakes races for 2016.
At the Jockey Club of Canada's Graded Stakes Committee annual review of the graded and listed stakes in Canada, the committee upgraded one listed race to bring the total to 44 graded stakes for 2015.
Eight races that carried listed status in 2014 will be upgraded to grade III in 2015, highlighting a relatively stable review of graded and listed stakes completed by the American Graded Stakes Committee of TOBA.
Evaluation of listed stakes is in full swing for 2014. read blog
New evaluations will shake up black-type status. read blog
Search the Thoroughbred national stakes race conditions in our NSC online tool! Use Tool
The North American International Catalogue Standards Committee has announced it will implement additional quality control requirements for North American races eligible for non-listed black-type status in sale catalogs.
A race-day ban of Salix in graded stakes for 2-year-olds would be extended to listed stakes as part of a new evaluation program.
Most Popular Stories
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- As Borell Released, Cruelty Laws Questioned
- Top Caribbean Race to Be Held at Gulfstream
- Melmich Victorious in Dominion Day
- Wake Forest Heads United Nations
- The Paralyzed Jockey Who's Still in the Race
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Globetrotting Tepin Preps for Saratoga Ship
- Jones Among Five for 2016 Texas HOF Class