Bronzo won the Copa de Oro Vinas de Chile (Chi-II) June 27 at Hipico Chile in Santiago and qualified for the Breeders' Cup Dirt Mile (gr. IT) later this year at Santa Anita Park.
As it shoots for the heights while building from the ground up, Don Alberto Corp. has followed its purchase of the former Vinery farm in Kentucky by making a splash with its purchase of broodmares this month.
The creation of Don Alberto Kentucky is an extension of an ongoing plan to expand and upgrade the Thoroughbred holdings of the Solari-Heller family in Chile.
Haras Don Alberto, which has been active shuttling North American stallions, bought Tom Simon's 440-acre Vinery in Central Kentucky.
Bluegrass Cat, the second leading freshman sire of 2010 by progeny earnings and a top second-crop sire of 2011, will shuttle to Liliana Solari's Haras Don Alberto in Chile for the upcoming Southern Hemisphere breeding season.
Most Popular Stories
- Midnight Storm Seeks Grade 1 Dirt Win in Gold Cup
- Lady Eli Brings Her Class to Gamely
- CHRB Discusses Creating Single California Circuit
- Asmussen Earns $50,000 Preakness Weekend Bonus
- The Greatest Performance No One Has Seen
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- Enola Gray, Illuminant Look Strong in Monrovia Field
- Freshman Flashpoint Gets His First Winner
- Maker a Triple Threat in AP Classic