Bronzo won the Copa de Oro Vinas de Chile (Chi-II) June 27 at Hipico Chile in Santiago and qualified for the Breeders' Cup Dirt Mile (gr. IT) later this year at Santa Anita Park.
As it shoots for the heights while building from the ground up, Don Alberto Corp. has followed its purchase of the former Vinery farm in Kentucky by making a splash with its purchase of broodmares this month.
The creation of Don Alberto Kentucky is an extension of an ongoing plan to expand and upgrade the Thoroughbred holdings of the Solari-Heller family in Chile.
Haras Don Alberto, which has been active shuttling North American stallions, bought Tom Simon's 440-acre Vinery in Central Kentucky.
Bluegrass Cat, the second leading freshman sire of 2010 by progeny earnings and a top second-crop sire of 2011, will shuttle to Liliana Solari's Haras Don Alberto in Chile for the upcoming Southern Hemisphere breeding season.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Chrome' Draws Outside Post 9 for World Cup
- Casners Aim to Add Chapter to Dubai Success
- American Trainers Approve Meydan Move to Dirt
- The One That Got Away
- BC Classic Winner Concern Dies at 24
- Champion Sire Smart Strike Euthanized
- Wise Dan Making Progress, Still Tack-Walking
- Shared Belief Traveling East for CT Classic
- Unlocking Winners: Dubai and the Derby Preps
- VLT Expansion Proposals Shot Down in New York