Liable, the dam of 2010 Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) winner and champion Blame, has been named Broodmare of the Year by the Kentucky Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association.
Claiborne homebred Blame descends from a historic family associated with the farm for nearly 60 years.
Blame closed relentlessly through the lane to nab front-running Quality Road just before the wire Aug. 7 in a thrilling Whitney Invitational Handicap (gr. I) at Saratoga.
The only thing Blame needed to officially become a star was a grade I win. The son of Arch accomplished that June 12, overcoming a wide trip while running down pacesetter Battle Plan to score the Stephen Foster Handicap.
Adele Dilschneider and Claiborne Farm's Blame gave notice of his intentions in the older horse ranks for 2010 with a sterling victory in the $100,000 William Donald Schaefer Stakes (gr. III) in his first start of the year.
Three-year-old Blame ensconced himself as a leading player in next year's national handicap picture when he seized the lead from fellow sophomore Misremembered at the eighth pole and held on for a neck victory in the $460,600 Clark Handicap Presented by Norton Healthcare (gr. II) at Churchill Downs Nov. 27.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome 'Wait and See' for SA Derby
- Rebel Rematch Expected in Arkansas Derby
- Likely Entrants for World Cup Card Released
- KY-Bred Lideris Wins Latinoamericana in Peru
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Apprentice Courtney Hernandez Gets First Win
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Let Faith Arise Puts Santa Margarita On Ice