A $13.5-million appropriation for an expansion of the Livestock Disease Diagnostic Center in Lexington is among the budget line items vetoed by Kentucky Gov. Ernie Fletcher.
The long-awaited expansion of the University of Kentucky Livestock Disease Diagnostic Center, made possible through an $8.5-million appropriation from the Kentucky General Assembly this spring, is about to begin and could be completed in about two years, officials said.
As the 2005 Kentucky General Assembly session nears an end, the horse industry finds itself with a few important benefits--and a sense that it could show a lot of muscle in future legislative endeavors.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Jogs One Mile at Churchill
- Smooth Stride Could Lift American Pharoah
- The Truth Or Else Joins Belmont Stakes Mix
- Secretariat's Birthplace Named 'Historic'
- Grade I Winner Molly Morgan Retired
- No Belmont Stakes for Conquest Curlinate
- Star-Studded Group Nominated for Los Al Derby
- Woodbine Plans Events to Send Off Loiselle
- Commentary: Saving, Not Destroying the House
- Groupie Doll's First Foal's Homecoming