Two Breeders' Cup World Championships winners, two trainers from the iconic Head family, and a filly owned by Her Majesty The Queen were among the honorees Nov. 12 when the 23rd annual Cartier Racing Awards were presented.
Gordon Lord Byron hit the front a quarter mile out and put daylight between himself and 12 rivals for a brilliant win in the Betfred Sprint Cup (Eng-I) Sept. 7 at Haydock.
In a highly anticipated clash, Moonlight Cloud easily wore down elite sprinter Lethal Force and stormed to a Deauville course record Aug. 4 while winning the Prix Maurice de Gheest (Fr-I) for a third time.
Lethal Force made all the pace and won the Darley July Cup (Eng-I) in course record time July 13 at Newmarket, stamping himself as Europe's top sprinter in the July Festival's marquee race.
A salute to the winners of Royal Ascot 2013. Watch Video
Comments from the connections of Lethal Force after his victory in the Diamond Jubilee at Royal Ascot. Watch Video
Lethal Force gave a masterful performance on closing day at Royal Ascot, making nearly all the pace for a convincing two-length win in the Diamond Jubilee (Eng-I), the marquee event June 22.
Society Rock will bid to become only the second horse in more than 50 years to win the Diamond Jubilee (Eng-I) twice when he takes on 17 opponents June 22, the final day of the 2013 Royal Ascot meeting.
Most Popular Stories
- Wise Dan Cleared to Resume Full Training
- Dept. of Labor Files Suit Against Asmussen
- Summer Select Sales Guide: In the Details
- British Steeplechaser Kauto Star Euthanized
- Crown Champ American Pharoah Returns to Work
- Bill Lets New York OTBs Use Capital Funds
- Zindaya Stretches Out in Perfect Sting Stakes
- E Dubai Filly Top Pick at MD Yearling Show
- Presque Isle Asks State for Guidance on Deer
- Casse Eyes Second Straight Queen's Plate Win