Australian sensation Alinghi, making her North American debut, put in a game stretch run Monday afternoon to win the 17th running of the grade III, $216,300 Ballston Spa Breeders' Cup Handicap for fillies and mares at 1 1/16 miles at Saratoga.
Australian sensation Alinghi makes her first North American start against a tough field of 11 other horses in the $200,000-added Ballston Spa Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIIT) for fillies and mares at 1 1/16 miles on the turf.
Roseland Farm Stable's New Jersey-bred Smart N Classy rallied on the outside to get up in the final stride for a nose victory over Lentil in the $150,000 Eatontown Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Monmouth Park on Sunday.
Smart N Classy, New Jersey breeder John Bowers Jr.'s successful fourth-generation mare, goes after her first graded stakes victory Sunday in the $150,000 Eatontown Handicap (gr. IIIT) on the Monmouth Park turf.
Hall of Fame conditioner Bill Mott saddled the $100,000 Endeavour Stakes exacta – winner Delta Princess and runner-up Fast Cookie in an uncoupled entry – and also won the Rare Treat Handicap at Aqueduct with Miss Fortunate five minutes later.
Personal Legend and Fast Cookie came from just off the pace to win split divisions of the De La Rose Stakes at Saratoga Race Course on Wednesday.
John and Joan Phillips' Wonder Again won for the first time in 2003 and ended a five-race losing streak, taking Saturday's $150,000 Noble Damsel Handicap (gr. IIIT) for fillies and mares at Belmont Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Mastery Passes Two-Turn Test in Futurity
- Abel Tasman Upsets American Gal in Starlet
- California Chrome Logs Final 'Challenge' Work
- Bode's Dream Perfect in House Party
- Paulassilverlining Golden in Garland of Roses
- Greatbullsoffire Runs Away With MD Futurity
- Mobile Bay Turns Tables in LA Classic
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Los Al Gets Spotlight
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- Keane Stud Announces 2017 Stud Fees