Buyer selectivity has defined the first two days of the Inglis Easter broodmare sale, where Legal Consent, in foal to Darley's Central Kentucky shuttler Lonhro, brought the top price of $190,000 (US$196,447) on day two.
Lansdon B. Robbins III's Legal Consent scored his third straight victory at Belmont Park June 21, holding off a late rally from Slevin to take the $105,500 Mike Lee Stakes for New York-breds.
Mr. Fantasy and Haynesfield have garnered most of the attention for New York-bred 3-year-olds this season, but with both of them now on the sidelines it might be Legal Consent's time to shine. Trainer Carlos Martin is hoping it will start in the $100,000-added Mike Lee Stakes on June 21 at Belmont Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- Nyquist Ships to Churchill Day After Work
- Dettori Strikes With 'Gold' in 2000 Guineas
- Ward Sends Three Fillies in Kentucky Juvenile
- Exaggerator Works for Kentucky Derby Bid
- Danzing Candy Logs Final Derby Breeze
- Cathryn Sophia Gets Early Morning Workout
- A Derby Rookie's First Churchill Morning
- Abashiri Sweeps South African Triple Crown
- Romans' Derby Pair Breezes at Churchill