Buyer selectivity has defined the first two days of the Inglis Easter broodmare sale, where Legal Consent, in foal to Darley's Central Kentucky shuttler Lonhro, brought the top price of $190,000 (US$196,447) on day two.
Lansdon B. Robbins III's Legal Consent scored his third straight victory at Belmont Park June 21, holding off a late rally from Slevin to take the $105,500 Mike Lee Stakes for New York-breds.
Mr. Fantasy and Haynesfield have garnered most of the attention for New York-bred 3-year-olds this season, but with both of them now on the sidelines it might be Legal Consent's time to shine. Trainer Carlos Martin is hoping it will start in the $100,000-added Mike Lee Stakes on June 21 at Belmont Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- Stonestreet: Rachel's Valentina Retired
- 'Chrome' Back to Los Al After San Diego Win
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- Hard Aces Too Tough in Cougar II
- Nyquist Logs Final Work for Haskell
- Beholder Brilliant in Del Mar Breeze
- Up With the Birds Back Winning at Woodbine
- Lanerie Scores Unusual Double at Ellis Park
- Beholder Work Moved After Del Mar Breakdowns