Buyer selectivity has defined the first two days of the Inglis Easter broodmare sale, where Legal Consent, in foal to Darley's Central Kentucky shuttler Lonhro, brought the top price of $190,000 (US$196,447) on day two.
Lansdon B. Robbins III's Legal Consent scored his third straight victory at Belmont Park June 21, holding off a late rally from Slevin to take the $105,500 Mike Lee Stakes for New York-breds.
Mr. Fantasy and Haynesfield have garnered most of the attention for New York-bred 3-year-olds this season, but with both of them now on the sidelines it might be Legal Consent's time to shine. Trainer Carlos Martin is hoping it will start in the $100,000-added Mike Lee Stakes on June 21 at Belmont Park.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Chrome' Draws Outside Post 9 for World Cup
- Four Penn National Vets Face Federal Charges
- Fields Shaping Up for Wood Memorial Day
- Castellano Gears Up for Busy FL Derby Day
- Gulfstream Should Have Lucrative FL Derby Day
- Champion Sire Smart Strike Euthanized
- One Lucky Dane to Join Dortmund in SA Derby
- Competitive Edge Wins Comeback at Gulfstream
- Dubai Trackwork Notes, March 27
- License Review Likely for Charged Penn Vets