Buyer selectivity has defined the first two days of the Inglis Easter broodmare sale, where Legal Consent, in foal to Darley's Central Kentucky shuttler Lonhro, brought the top price of $190,000 (US$196,447) on day two.
Lansdon B. Robbins III's Legal Consent scored his third straight victory at Belmont Park June 21, holding off a late rally from Slevin to take the $105,500 Mike Lee Stakes for New York-breds.
Mr. Fantasy and Haynesfield have garnered most of the attention for New York-bred 3-year-olds this season, but with both of them now on the sidelines it might be Legal Consent's time to shine. Trainer Carlos Martin is hoping it will start in the $100,000-added Mike Lee Stakes on June 21 at Belmont Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Sharp American Pharoah Ready for Return
- Jim Dandy: Texas Red Denies Frosted
- Beholder All Class in Easy Hirsch Score
- American Pharoah Wraps Up Haskell Preparation
- Rare Upset for Jockey Parker at Mountaineer
- Madefromlucky Gets Job Done in WV Derby
- Seven to Face American Pharoah in Haskell
- Rock Fall Edges The Big Beast in Vanderbilt
- After Anxious Moment, American Pharoah Cool
- Red Rifle Blasts Through in Bowling Green