Victor's Cry, winner of last year's Shoemaker Mile Stakes (gr. IT) at Hollywood Park, has been retired from racing because of concerns about his ankles. His owners are determining where he will stand at stud.
Victor's Cry shot between horses past mid-stretch and won the $250,000 Citation Handicap (gr. II) in an 11-1 upset Nov. 27 over his favorite turf course at Hollywood Park.
Victor's Cry, with a perfectly timed ride from Corey Nakatani, nipped favorite Karelian by a short head to post a 21-1 stunner in the $250,000 Shoemaker Mile Stakes (gr. IT) on the Hollywood Park turf May 31.
The gross revenue fell 50.8%, but the average rose 27.9% Monday during the Fasig-Tipton Midlantic winter mixed sale in Maryland.
Grade II winner Prospect Bay has been relocated to Larry Johnson's Legacy Farm near Middleburg, Va.
Major winner and successful sire Lost Code died of a heart attack right before he was scheduled to cover his first mare at Legacy Farm near Bluemont, Va., on Feb. 10. An autopsy revealed a ruptured aorta. Lost Code, who previously stood at Vinery near Lexington, was moved to Legacy in the fall and was owned by a syndicate.
Millionaire Lost Code and Hay Halo, a half-brother to Broad Brush, will stand the 2001 breeding season at Legacy Farm near Bluemont, Va.
Most Popular Stories
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Stellar Wind to Challenge Beholder Again
- Nyquist Arrives at Monmouth
- What's Going On Here: Sporting Gestures
- Lexie Lou Headlines Victoriana Stakes
- Stradivari Recuperating After Surgery
- Belmont Winner Creator Returns in Jim Dandy
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- A.P. Indian Has Green Light in Vanderbilt
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle