The Maryland Jockey Club has unveiled the logo for the 2013 Preakness Stakes (gr. I) that will have its 138th renewal May 18 at Pimlico Race Course.
The logo for the 2012 Preakness Stakes (gr. I) was released by the Maryland Jockey Club Dec. 14. The second leg of the Triple Crown is scheduled for May 19 at Pimlico Race Course.
Pimlico Race Course's clubhouse cupola and a Black-Eyed Susan flower are prominent in the logo for the 134th Preakness Stakes (gr. I), which was unveiled by the Maryland Jockey Club Dec. 16.
Colonial Downs' plan to offer the "Grand Slam of Grass," a major turf series for 3-year-olds that carries the potential for $5 million in total purse awards, was well received by the Virginia Racing Commission March 16. The track has hired a marketing agency to push the series.
Most Popular Stories
- Constitution to Make Stakes Debut in FL Derby
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes
- ThistleDown Racino Meet to Begin April 19
- Tapiture Takes On Rebel Invaders and Old Foes
- Social Inclusion Spoils Honor Code's Return
- Downey Profile: Improvement Mandated in Rebel
- Study Links Cell Damage to Corticosteroids
- Azeri: Don't Tell Sophia Faces Close Hatches
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014
- New Standards May Be Imposed on NY Stewards