Their financial performances were no secret during the year, but now the final numbers for fiscal 2014 are in and, for the first time, New York racetrack-based casinos showed their first year-to-year dip in net revenue.
Sanctions against Doug O'Neill for a June 2013 drug positive calling for the highest level of penalty would not be levied until earlier in October when an agreement between the NYSGC and the trainer was reached.
Following the fourth catastrophic injury at Aqueduct during the current meet, the New York State Racing Board has ordered necropsies for all horses that are fatally injured while racing over the inner dirt track.
A New York appeals court has unanimously upheld the revocation of trainer Rick Dutrow's license by state racing regulators, a major setback for the colorful trainer's ability to keep working in the state.
I'll Have Another won the Kentucky Derby and the Preakness wearing a nasal strip. He'll make his first start in the Belmont without one because NYRA bans nasal strips. The reason for the ban is unclear.
Trainer Rick Dutrow Jr. is expected to learn the fate of his career next week when regulators in New York rule whether his alleged use of drugs in racehorses is serious enough to lead them to permanently revoke his license.
Most Popular Stories
- Trainer Desormeaux in New York State of Mind
- American Pharoah to Haskell
- Jockeys Fined for Whip Violations in SoCal
- 'Kathy' Prevails in Perfect Sting Thriller
- Injured Jockey Selman Undergoes Back Surgery
- Force Upsets New York Derby
- Got Lucky Surges to Molly Pitcher Victory
- Pedigree Analysis: Olympia
- Oaklawn Improvements Include New Barn
- Filly First Winner for Here Comes Ben