Following the fourth catastrophic injury at Aqueduct during the current meet, the New York State Racing Board has ordered necropsies for all horses that are fatally injured while racing over the inner dirt track.
A New York appeals court has unanimously upheld the revocation of trainer Rick Dutrow's license by state racing regulators, a major setback for the colorful trainer's ability to keep working in the state.
I'll Have Another won the Kentucky Derby and the Preakness wearing a nasal strip. He'll make his first start in the Belmont without one because NYRA bans nasal strips. The reason for the ban is unclear.
Trainer Rick Dutrow Jr. is expected to learn the fate of his career next week when regulators in New York rule whether his alleged use of drugs in racehorses is serious enough to lead them to permanently revoke his license.
Most Popular Stories
- Injury Knocks Constitution Off Derby Trail
- Ky Derby: Form, Pedigree, Speed, & Red Flags
- Illinois Gaming Plans Would Slice Racing Aid
- And They're Off: The End of the Trail Edition
- Stronach Takes Stand on Integrity Reforms
- Midnight Hawk Brings Illinois Derby Intrigue
- Regulators Begin Asmussen Investigations
- Dude Back On Game for Charles Town Classic
- Street Boss Colt Among Top OBS Day 2 Workers
- Eight Rivals Try Kid Cruz in Federico Tesio