Gross sales ended up 12.7% higher than a year ago, the average rose 18% to $76,511, and the median was up 20% to $30,000.
Grade II winner Concord Point, Tapit's leading money earning colt in North America this year, has been retired from racing for stallion duty in 2011 at John Sikura's Hill 'n' Farms near Lexington.
Concord Point, ridden by Martin Garcia, shattered the track record for 1 1/16 miles at Prairie Meadows when he romped to an 8 1/2-length victory in the $250,000 Iowa Derby (gr. III) June 26.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief a Massive Favorite in Big 'Cap
- Weather Forces Racing, Event Cancellations
- Divisidero Has Buzz in Redrawn Palm Beach
- Georgia Pari-Mutuel Legislation Advances
- Coffee Pot Brews a Good One in Carpe Diem
- Betfair U.S. Enjoys 25% Spike in Revenue
- Scat Daddy Colt Tops Sale at F-T Florida
- On the Muscle, Dortmund Ready for San Felipe
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for March 3, 2015
- Carpe Diem Faces Ocean Knight in Tampa Derby