Claiborne Farm and Adele Dilschneider's Departing was the first horse nominated to the $750,000 West Virginia Derby (gr. II) and the first horse entered when entries were taken July 30. And he was first under the wire Aug. 3.
Claiborne Farm and Adele Dilschneider's Departing rolled to a strong 3 1/4-length victory in the $750,000 Illinois Derby at Hawthorne April 20, proving his class after a third-place finish in the March 30 Louisiana Derby.
Most Popular Stories
- MarketWatch: American Pharoah's Stud Value
- American Pharoah Gallops at Churchill
- Love Me Only's First Foal a Stakes Winner
- 16 Remain Engaged for Epsom Derby
- Frosted Continues Working Toward Belmont
- Hard Not to Like Seeking CA Score in Gamely
- Agency Selected to Market American Pharoah
- Golden Ray First Winner for American Lion
- Jockey Taylor Hole Rides 2,000th Winner
- Frosted Scheduled for Belmont Stakes Run