Horses owned by Ken and Sarah Ramsey won 11 races at Keeneland's 15-day spring meet as they finished as leading owners at a Keeneland meet for a record 15th time when the spring meet concluded April 24.
Todd Pletcher, Ramon Dominguez and WinStar Farm were the leading trainer, jockey, and owner, respectively, based on North American earnings in 2010, according to final statistics from the Equibase Company.
Jockey Joe Bravo, sidelined with a fractured left clavicle bone following a Sept. 7 spill at Belmont Park, will return to the saddle Oct. 13 at Belmont Park, said his agent, Drew Mollica.
In 1999 and again in 2000, Jerry Bailey lost photo finishes to Pat Day for leading rider by North American earnings. In 2001, however, Bailey made sure the camera was not necessary by finishing a furlong ahead of his competition. By the time his 12-month rampage across the continent (plus the Dubai World Cup, UAE-I) was in the books, Bailey had absolutely shattered Gary Stevens' three-year-old record for earnings, his $22,597,720 besting the old mark by better than $4 million.
Most Popular Stories
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- Texas Chrome Pointing to Dirt Mile
- Eddie D. Stakes Split Into Divisions
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Team Block relocating Fort Prado to Indiana
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- Amid Gloomy Forecast, Illinois Sets Dates