Horses owned by Ken and Sarah Ramsey won 11 races at Keeneland's 15-day spring meet as they finished as leading owners at a Keeneland meet for a record 15th time when the spring meet concluded April 24.
Todd Pletcher, Ramon Dominguez and WinStar Farm were the leading trainer, jockey, and owner, respectively, based on North American earnings in 2010, according to final statistics from the Equibase Company.
Jockey Joe Bravo, sidelined with a fractured left clavicle bone following a Sept. 7 spill at Belmont Park, will return to the saddle Oct. 13 at Belmont Park, said his agent, Drew Mollica.
In 1999 and again in 2000, Jerry Bailey lost photo finishes to Pat Day for leading rider by North American earnings. In 2001, however, Bailey made sure the camera was not necessary by finishing a furlong ahead of his competition. By the time his 12-month rampage across the continent (plus the Dubai World Cup, UAE-I) was in the books, Bailey had absolutely shattered Gary Stevens' three-year-old record for earnings, his $22,597,720 besting the old mark by better than $4 million.
Most Popular Stories
- Lady Eli Sparkles in Belmont Oaks
- Gimme Da Lute Holds On in Los Alamitos Derby
- Effinex Outlasts Tonalist at Wire in Suburban
- Alliseeisgold Wires Cleveland Gold Cup
- American Pharoah to Haskell
- Force the Pass Brilliant in Belmont Derby
- Private Zone All the Way in Belmont Sprint
- No Positives in June 2015 Economic Indicators
- Speightster Still Undefeated With Dwyer Win
- Coffee Clique Proves Best in James Penny