The son of War Front broke his maiden in the grade III With Anticipation Stakes.
It's easy to see why his connections want to keep Soldat on turf after last year's Triple Crown contender scored an impressive comeback victory at Gulfstream Park March 4.
PORTER ON PEDIGREES, by Alan Porter
Soldat's bloodlines initially appear to indicate he could have problems with the Kentucky Derby's distance -- but he has close pedigree connections to good classic runners.
Making his turf debut, maiden Soldat seized the lead at the head of the stretch and scored a convincing three-length win in the $100,000 With Anticipation Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Saratoga Sept. 3.
Most Popular Stories
- Runhappy Gets Back to Work at Keeneland
- A Travers Day Christmas Present
- Full Travers Field Awaits Exaggerator
- Veitch's Suspension Sent Back to KHRC
- Flintshire Looking Strong for Sword Dancer
- American Dirt Records a Thing of the Past
- OBS Numbers Plummet During Open Session
- Mohaymen Cuts Back to Sprint in King's Bishop
- California Chrome Superior in Pacific Classic
- Ballerina Stakes Has Stage Full of Talent