The son of War Front broke his maiden in the grade III With Anticipation Stakes.
It's easy to see why his connections want to keep Soldat on turf after last year's Triple Crown contender scored an impressive comeback victory at Gulfstream Park March 4.
PORTER ON PEDIGREES, by Alan Porter
Soldat's bloodlines initially appear to indicate he could have problems with the Kentucky Derby's distance -- but he has close pedigree connections to good classic runners.
Making his turf debut, maiden Soldat seized the lead at the head of the stretch and scored a convincing three-length win in the $100,000 With Anticipation Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Saratoga Sept. 3.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Headed to Dubai World Cup
- Five Share Fastest Time in Fasig-Tipton Sale Works
- Conquest Mo Money Still Undefeated, Sunland Derby Next
- Prominent Ohio Breeder George Smith Dies at 84
- Looking East, to Far East, for Classic Starters
- Finger Lakes Season Could be on Line at Feb. 27 Meeting
- Unique Bella Tops Roster of 109 Kentucky Oaks Nominees
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- Willy North Returns to Sales Scene at Fasig-Tipton
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death