The son of War Front broke his maiden in the grade III With Anticipation Stakes.
It's easy to see why his connections want to keep Soldat on turf after last year's Triple Crown contender scored an impressive comeback victory at Gulfstream Park March 4.
PORTER ON PEDIGREES, by Alan Porter
Soldat's bloodlines initially appear to indicate he could have problems with the Kentucky Derby's distance -- but he has close pedigree connections to good classic runners.
Making his turf debut, maiden Soldat seized the lead at the head of the stretch and scored a convincing three-length win in the $100,000 With Anticipation Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Saratoga Sept. 3.
Most Popular Stories
- Dortmund Back to Training After Injury
- Pedigree Analysis: Caro
- Fasig-Tipton to Sponsor Two KY Downs Stakes
- Renamed First Winner for Everyday Heroes
- Ironicus Has New Challenge in Bernard Baruch
- American Pharoah to Continue Racing
- Top Sprinter Secret Circle Retired to Stud
- First Winner Lands for Sire General Quarters
- Top Sanford Runners Meet Again in Hopeful
- Curlin to Hill 'n' Dale in 2016