Hear the Ghost blew past weakening favorites Flashback and Goldencents in deep stretch to post a half-length upset in the $300,000 San Felipe Stakes (gr. II) March 9 at Santa Anita Park.
Multiple graded stakes winner Chatain has been retired from racing and is entering stud this year at William S. Farish's Lane's End Texas near Hempstead, Texas.
Nine Keys, one of the top racemares of 1994, was euthanized March 22 because of foaling complications.
Seven rivals will look to knock off Lazy F Ranch's red-hot Chatain March 8 in the $200,000 Richter Scale Sprint Handicap (gr. II) at Gulfstream Park.
Favored Chatain made it back-to-back wins in Gulfstream Park's $100,000 Hal's Hope Handicap (gr. III) with a devastating kick for home Jan. 6.
Chatain, the winner of the Nov. 3 William Livingston Stakes at Meadowlands, will run next in the $300,000 Hill 'n' Dale Cigar Mile Handicap (gr. I) at Aqueduct Nov. 24, according to trainer Angel Penna Jr.
Lazy F Ranch's lightly raced Chatain surged past heavily favored Sweetnorthernsaint in deep stretch to grab the lead and hold off an extremely game Sir Greeley to win the $100,000 Hal's Hope Handicap (gr. III) by a nose in track record time at Gulfstream Park Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Pressure Off Sherman After 'Chrome's Dazzler
- Judy the Beauty Splendid in Las Flores Score
- After the Wire: Santa Anita Handicap
- Expectations High for OBS 2-Year-Old Sale
- Darley Sire Lonhro Enters Australian Hall
- Game On Dude Captures Record Third Big 'Cap
- Golden Gate Fields Adds Alcatraz Stakes
- Ramseys' Major Marvel Takes Barbados Gold Cup
- Honor Code Gets Tightener for Seasonal Debut
- Santa Anita Handicap Handle Increases 23%