A hearing to determine if five defendants should be dismissed from a lawsuit filed against the Jockeys' Guild by former national manager John Giovanni was postponed Wednesday due to illnesses by attorneys on both sides of the case.
Although it appeared as if resolution was near in the lawsuit regarding the ownership of Val's Prince, a new round of legal maneuvering threatens to prolong the matter. Blissfully ignorant of the litigation, Val's Prince continues to perform on the racetrack, and is likely to make his next start in the Hong Kong Vase Invitational on Dec. 17.
A Pennsylvania corporation has filed suit against Canadian horse owner Robert Waxman, claiming that it is owed a percentage of the profits from the sale of the Mr. Prospector--Eaves colt that topped last year's Fasig-Tipton Saratoga select yearling sale.
Most Popular Stories
- NY-Bred Stakes Program Adds 2014 Enhancements
- Gulfstream Race is 'No Contest' After Spill
- After the Wire: Rebel Stakes
- Rebel Rematch Expected in Arkansas Derby
- California Chrome 'Wait and See' for SA Derby
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Stormy Lucy Ends Graded Drought in Santa Ana
- Likely Entrants for World Cup Card Released
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident