Charles Smith homebred String King, who has registered all seven of his stakes victories on turf, will switch to the main track for a start in the $150,000 Louisiana Champions Day Classic Dec. 14 at Fair Grounds.
Water Cannon may have been the best 3-year-old among the six in the $75,000 Deputed Testimony, but fortune smiled on front-running Jane's Luck when the favorite's saddle slipped forward under Ryan Fogelsonger as the field ran down the backstretch.
Most Popular Stories
- 2015 Florida Derby Race Sequence
- Martin Defends Sending 'Chrome' to Ascot
- Lurie Joins Hoosier Park, Indiana Grand Teams
- Corinthian Colt Paces F-T Texas Sale
- New Horsemen's Incentives at Pimlico Meet
- Lenny's Place: Opening Day Edition
- Carpe Diem Back at Keeneland for Blue Grass
- Fracture Knocks Far From Over Off Derby Trail
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for March 31, 2015
- Stallion Sharp Humor Dies in South Korea