During a distinguished 58-race career that began in 2010, Ben's Cat has 32 victories—26 of them in stakes—and has earned more than $2.6 million.
The Jim Stable's Ben's Cat will seek his third Laurel Dash victory in four attempts when he faces nine other sprinters in the $100,000 event Sept. 27 at Laurel Park.
Laurel Park's turf monster turns out to be a main track monster, too. Ben's Cat powered away from five foes to win the off-the-turf $67,750 Laurel Dash Stakes by two lengths in the slop Oct. 29.
King Leatherbury's Ben's Cat, who could have been entered in the Breeders' Cup Turf Sprint (gr. IIT) via payment of a $100,000 supplemental fee, is the even-money morning-line favorite in the $75,000 Laurel Dash Oct. 29.
Texas Glitter remained perfect while racing on turf, leading all the way to win the $100,000 Laurel Dash Stakes (gr. IIIT) by a nose Saturday at Laurel Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Mastery Passes Two-Turn Test in Futurity
- Thomas Enjoying Versatile Bridlewood Role
- Abel Tasman Upsets American Gal in Starlet
- California Chrome Logs Final 'Challenge' Work
- Bode's Dream Perfect in House Party
- Paulassilverlining Golden in Garland of Roses
- Greatbullsoffire Runs Away With MD Futurity
- Mobile Bay Turns Tables in LA Classic
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Los Al Gets Spotlight