Trainer ran two 3-year-olds in the Feb. 27 Borderland Derby at Sunland Park. Raise the Bar finished first, but was DQ'd to second behind his other colt, Storming Saint. It was 8 3/4 lengths back to the third-placed runner.
Trainer Henry Dominguez was the only one not sweating out the inquiry following the $100,000 Borderland Derby since he saddled both Storming Saint, the eventual winner, and Raise the Bridle, whose neck victory was overturned.
Rapper S S wore down the 4-5 favorite Yonegwa in the final furlong to capture the $105,950 Riley Allison Futurity at Sunland Park Racetrack and Casino on Dec. 30.
Beginning with it's opening day Dec. 26, Santa Anita's Pick Six wager will now include the possibility of providing a brand-new Chevrolet Corvette to any person with a single winning ticket that is purchased on-track.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby and Oaks Daily Updates
- Aurelia's Belle Helps Owner Realize Dream
- Claiborne Farm to Sponsor Breeders' Futurity
- Tapit Colt Leads Robust OBS Second Session
- California Chrome Boasts Strong Foundation
- Gulfstream-Calder Deal Could Be in Works
- Afternoon With the Regal Rosalind
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 4/21/2014
- Forty Niner Son Gold Case Euthanized
- Louisiana Puts More Pressure on Fair Grounds