Owners of horses of racing age currently not nominated to the Breeders' Cup program can nominate their runners at discounted rates on or before July 15 for competition in this year's Breeders' Cup World Championships Nov. 4-5 at Santa Anita.
Mike Tarp's Go Maggie Go and J K Racing Stable's Mokat pushed the number of nominees to the Longines Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) to 114 when the late phase of nominations closed April 13.
The roster of 3-year-olds eligible for the 2013 Triple Crown has grown to 382 with the addition of 13 late nominations (pending late mail) to the three-race series of American classic races.
The three fillies were made eligible to run in the Oaks during its first late nomination period that raised the total of Oaks nominations to 120.
Thirteen 3-year-old Thoroughbreds have joined the list of horses eligible to compete in the 2011 Triple Crown series. Those horses were nominated at a cost of $6,000 each.
Most Popular Stories
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Lady Eli Runs 'One of Her Greatest Races to Date'
- Gun Runner Posts Bullet in Breeze for Whitney
- Brown in High Spirits After Three Saratoga Wins
- Lady Eli’s Amazing Story Continues
- Paulassilverlining Tops Honorable Miss Handicap
- Firenze Fire Upsets Sanford Stakes
- As Arrogate's Stature Builds, So Do Expectations
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies
- Twisted Tom Muscles His Way to New York Derby Score