Mike Tarp's Go Maggie Go and J K Racing Stable's Mokat pushed the number of nominees to the Longines Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) to 114 when the late phase of nominations closed April 13.
The roster of 3-year-olds eligible for the 2013 Triple Crown has grown to 382 with the addition of 13 late nominations (pending late mail) to the three-race series of American classic races.
The three fillies were made eligible to run in the Oaks during its first late nomination period that raised the total of Oaks nominations to 120.
Thirteen 3-year-old Thoroughbreds have joined the list of horses eligible to compete in the 2011 Triple Crown series. Those horses were nominated at a cost of $6,000 each.
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Probe Into Abandoned Horses Continues
- Lady Shipman Stands Tall in Highlander
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- 'Ghost' Takes on Males in Queen's Plate
- Litfin at Large: The Mother Goose
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- Mr. Jordan, Green Gratto Face Off in Salvator
- Santa Anita Installs New Turf Course