Cal-bred Rousing Sermon, trained by Hall of Famer Jerry Hollendorfer, was the last and lone Derby worker May 1 at Churchill Downs. Jockey Jose Lezcano aboard the son of Lucky Pulpit for the first time.
Stakes winner Lucky Pulpit sired his first winner when his son Luckarack won at Golden Gate Fields June 10.
Making just her second start on dirt in her 4-year-old debut, Chiefswood Stable's Aurora Lights sprung a 10-1 upset in the $100,000 Sabin Stakes (gr. III) Feb. 27 at Gulfstream Park.
Making her stakes debut, Chiefswood Stable's Aurora Lights shot through a big opening along the rail turning for home and outran Milwaukee Appeal and Hooh Why to spring an upset in the $263,000 Selene Stakes (Can-III) Sept. 26 at Woodbine.
Robe Decollete became the first American-bred filly to win the Japanese Oaks (Jpn-II) when the daughter of Cozzene nosed out favored Bella Rheia at Tokyo Racecourse Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- Injury Knocks Constitution Off Derby Trail
- Ky Derby: Form, Pedigree, Speed, & Red Flags
- Eight Rivals for Kid Cruz in Federico Tesio
- Takeout Just One Symptom of the Disease
- Fayette Winners Square Off in Ben Ali
- Bejarano Picks Up Derby Mount on Wildcat Red
- Coolmore Lexington: A Prep in Its Prime
- Divine Oath Heads Coolmore Lexington
- Kauai Katie Makes Her 2014 Debut in Distaff
- Denali Promotes Jarrett, Adds Bayer to Team