Golden Eagle Farm in Ramona, Calif., founded and owned by the late John and Betty Mabee, is scheduled to close Oct. 31 after 40 years of operation, according to Golden Eagle racing manager Janine McCullough.
California breeder/owner Larry Mabee died Sunday, Dec. 16, of prostate cancer at his home in Rancho Santa Fe, Calif.
Unbridled Energy, a grade II winner by Unbridled's Song, will stand in 2013 at Larry Mabee's Golden Eagle Farm near Ramona, Calif.
Aaron and Marie Jones have bought multiple grade I winner Evening Jewel to add to their broodmare band.
As the only child of John and Betty Mabee, Larry Mabee had a ringside seat in the development of one of California's all-time leading breeding and owning operations. Download Now
Favored Evening Jewel added a grade I turf win to her stellar 2010 campaign when she delivered a determined half-length victory in the $300,000 Del Mar Oaks (gr. IT) Aug. 21.
Jockey Randy Romero and three horses -- Azeri, Best Pal, and Point Given -- were among the class of 2010 inducted into the National Museum of Racing's Hall of Fame Aug. 13 in Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
California shipper Evening Jewel took everything her rivals could throw at her but proved a determined front-running winner of the $400,000 Central Bank Ashland Stakes (gr.I) at Keeneland April 3.
Mrs. Betty L. Mabee, owner of Golden Eagle Farm in Ramona, Calif., announced today that Ms. Janine McCullough has been hired to fill the new position of business manager for the farm.
Most Popular Stories
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Gun Runner Rolls to Razorback Handicap Victory
- One Liner Laughs Last in Southwest Stakes Victory
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Grade 1 Winner Gormley Works Toward Next Start
- Consignors Bullish on Fasig-Tipton Gulfstream Sale
- White Beauty Lineage
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Laurel Park to Introduce Fans to Ownership Experience