Jockey Paco Lopez booted home a Monmouth Park record seven winners May 17, although the $103,000 Red Bank Stakes (gr. IIIT) eluded him when Hard Enough scored a 9-1 upset on the turf.
Baltimore Belle, a stakes-winning daughter of Bowman's Band, was purchased by Larry Johnson for $130,000 to top the Dec. 6 Fasig-Tipton Midlantic December Mixed Sale at Timonium, Md.
Fresh off his 5 1/2-length romp in the June 7 Woody Stephens Stakes (gr. II), Zayat Stables' J Be K looks to add a third graded stakes to his resume, as he takes on five rivals in the $150,000 Jersey Shore Stakes (gr. III) July 4 at Monmouth Park.
Bop, who set three course records in stakes, has been retired from racing and will enter stud at R. Larry Johnson's Legacy Farm near Bluemont, Va.
Grade II winner Prospect Bay has been relocated to Larry Johnson's Legacy Farm near Middleburg, Va.
Most Popular Stories
- Santa Anita Installs Barn Surveillance System
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Borell Enters Alford Plea on Cruelty Charges
- Stopchargingmaria in F-T November Sale
- 'Cleopatra' Looking to Reign in Chandelier
- Litfin At Large: Belmont Super Saturday I
- Forever Unbridled Heads Cast for Beldame
- Jockey Collins Suffers Paralysis After Spill
- Colonel John Sold, to Stand in Korea in 2017
- Wavell Avenue Looks for Gallant Bloom Rebound