Tamarando, the 2013 Del Mar Futurity (G1) winner, has been retired from racing and will enter stud this year at Harris Farms for $2,500 live foal.
Back on a synthetic surface he seems to prefer, Tamarando closed from last on the far turn to register a half-length triumph over Dance With Fate in the $200,000 El Camino Real Derby (gr. III) at Golden Gate Fields Feb. 15.
Odds-on Swiss Lake Yodeler wore down 23-1 shot Rovenna in the final yards to win the $200,250 Soviet Problem Stakes Dec. 21 on the next-to-last day of racing at Betfair Hollywood Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Saez to Ride J Boys Echo in Kentucky Derby
- Derby, Oaks Notes From Churchill Downs, April 26
- Sharp: Girvin Still on Track for Kentucky Derby
- Stronach Group Supports Bill to Bring in USADA
- Medaglia d'Oro Colt New OBS Sale Topper
- Distorted Humor Filly Brings $575,000 at OBS
- Multiple Grade 1 Winner I'm a Chatterbox Retired
- Private Zone Retired to Old Friends
- Derby, Oaks Notes, from Churchill Downs, April 25
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - April 25, 2017