Top filly Evening Jewel, facing possible retirement beforehand, posted a thrilling come-from-behind victory in the $300,000 Sunshine Millions Distaff Jan. 29 at Santa Anita that seems to have put those considerations aside.
Making her turf debut, odds-on favorite Evening Jewel sailed to an easy lead and held off a late charge from Cozi Rosie to win the $150,000 Honeymoon Handicap (gr. IIT) by a head May 31 at Hollywood Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Exaggerator to Rest at WinStar
- Hill Specialist Ambitious Brew Takes Eddie D.
- Postponed Clear Favorite in Arc de Triomphe
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Champion Hidden Lake Dies at 23
- Charlton’s Abbotts Retiring on Own Terms
- Tepin Works Half-Mile at Saratoga
- NYRA Sanctioned for Aqueduct Water Pollution
- Suffolk Downs Applies for Six 2017 Race Dates
- New Santa Anita Turf Course Passes First Test