Illinois HBPA members say problems still need to be addressed.
Allegations of mismanagement will be dropped following June 11 election.
Plaintiffs in a lawsuit against the president and executive director of the Illinois Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association are seeking to have other board members added to the litigation as defendants.
ILHBPA executive director Lanny Brooks said all the allegations made against him in a lawsuit filed by 22 Southern Illinois horsemen are false.
Southern Illinois horsemen have filed a lawsuit to compel the Illinois Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association's president and executive director to disclose financial records, and alleges a conflict of interest.
Following a deal that ended a labor dispute between the Illinois Racing Board and state employees and restored Fairmount Park's 52 race dates for 2010, two horse racing officials reflected on the aftermath of the situation.
To make its position clear on horse slaughter, Fairmount Park in Illinois has put in place a zero-tolerance policy that would take stalls away from trainers involved in the practice. And in an effort to address the unwanted horse situation, the track has created an adoption program for Fairmount runners when they retire from racing.
Youbet.com has reached an exclusive agreement with four Illinois racetracks to offer advance deposit wagering access to residents of the state, a deal that is being called the first of its kind because of its revenue sharing program.
The annual Fairmont Park paddock auction of ex-racehorses is planned for Saturday. More than 90 horses will be offered without reserve, however the seller has the option of calling no sale if they feel the price is low.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 21, 2017
- Conquest Mo Money Carries Local Hopes in Sunland Derby
- Highland Reel Among World Cup Day Turf Runners
- Classic Empire Back to Work in Ocala
- Gun Runner Brings Consistent Class to World Cup Stage
- Kitten's Cat Poised for Spiral Stakes
- Mo Don't Know Named Ohio Horse of the Year
- Tamarando Retired, Will Stand at Harris Farms
- Suffolk Downs Files Paperwork for Racetrack Sale