Lang Field and Daytona, both surprise grade I winners on the turf during the recently concluded Hollywood Park autumn stand, square off in the $150,000 San Gabriel Handicap (gr. IIT) at Santa Anita Park Dec. 30.
The outsider Lang Field produced his first stakes win with an 18-1 upset by a neck over favored Zann in the $400,000 Citation Handicap (gr. IT) on the Hollywood Park turf on Nov. 23.
Grade I winner Buzzards Bay heads the line-up for the $150,000 All American Stakes (gr. III) Nov. 17, Golden Gate Field's first graded stakes event on its new Tapeta Footings main track.
Any time a racehorse is able to put, 'defeated The Tin Man' on its resume, it is an impressive item. The Brazilian-bred Out of Control is the only one in the $400,000 Breeders' Cup Del Mar Mile Handicap (gr. IIT) field of nine that can make that distinction, making the 4-year-old colt the one to beat Aug. 19 on the turf.
The venerable 9-year-old gelding The Tin Man swings for his fifth successive win and his unprecedented third victory in the $250,000 American Invitational Handicap (gr. IIT) when he takes on six rivals Saturday on the turf at Hollywood Park.
California legend Lava Man will seek to maintain his status as the West Coast's dominant older runner in the $300,000 Charles Whittingham Memorial Handicap (gr. I) at Hollywood Park on Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Hill 'n' Dale Acquires Half Interest in Bubbler
- Industry Groups Ask for Change in Parx Oaks Ruling
- Ward Pleased With Stable's Royal Ascot Performance
- Quality Over Quantity in Fasig-Tipton Saratoga Catalog
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- Arrogate Unanimous Top Choice in NTRA Poll
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- Street Surrender, Roman Secure First Stakes Win
- Los Alamitos Meet Set to Kick Off July 6
- Chanceland Farm Take Top Awards at MHBA Yearling Show