Remsen Stakes (gr. II) winner Honor Code will miss the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) after a slight tear in his right hind upper suspensory was detected morning the morning of March 23.
Remsen Stakes winner Honor Code was defeated by Social Inclusion March 12 at Gulfstream Park as the speedster drew away to a 10-length victory in track record fashion.
Grade II winner Honor Code is unlikely to contest the Feb. 22 Fountain of Youth Stakes (gr. II) at Gulfstream Park, but could target the March 1 Gotham (gr. III) at Aqueduct.
Honor Code proved a popular winner of the 100th renewal of the $400,000 Remsen Stakes (gr. II) Nov. 30 when he battled back along the inside to nip Nashua Stakes (gr. II) winner Cairo Prince in a terrific finish at Aqueduct.
Champagne Stakes (gr. I) runner-up Honor Code will bypass the Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I) in favor of the $250,000 Remsen Stakes (gr. II) at Aqueduct Racetrack, Hall of Fame trainer Shug McGaughey said Oct. 10.
Most Popular Stories
- Vicar's in Trouble Turns in Derby Work
- Kentucky Derby Stars Come Out at Keeneland
- My Miss Sophia, Got Lucky Breeze at Churchill
- Mine That Bird Still Flies in Kentucky
- Rosalind Works Toward Kentucky Oaks
- Sisterly Love Scores Doubledogdare Upset
- TimeformUS Saturday Stakes Plays
- Speightstown Colt Works Quick Quarter at OBS
- Indiana Grand Racing & Casino Begins New Era
- Samraat, Uncle Sigh Work at Belmont