The Keeneland September sale's second Book 1 session Sept. 10 proved as bullish as the previous day's opener as far as $1 million horses were concerned, with four seven-figure horses exiting the ring again.
A Bernardini filly who is a half sister to champion Proud Spell lit up the Keeneland sales ring Sept. 10 when she was purchased by Baumann Stables for $1.3 million.
After taking just three days to surpass total sales recorded last year, the Keeneland January horses of all ages sale registered strong gross, average, and median when this year's auction wrapped up Jan. 11 in Lexington.
American Oaks Stakes (gr. IT) winner Nereid brought the highest price so far at the Keeneland January horses of all ages sale when she fetched a final bid of $1.3 million.
Most Popular Stories
- Carpe Diem Solid in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Firing Line Stretches Legs in Derby Breeze
- KY Derby: Jerry Crawford on Keen Ice, Puca
- Keen Ice Warms Up for Derby With Workout
- Birdatthewire Delivers Smooth Churchill Move
- Jazdzewski Landed Young Far Right for $2,500
- NTRA Has Net Gain for Third Consecutive Year
- Madefromlucky Officially Out of KY Derby
- Storm Washes Away Texas Mile at Lone Star
- Derby 'Todd Squad' Breezes at Churchill