The Keeneland September sale's second Book 1 session Sept. 10 proved as bullish as the previous day's opener as far as $1 million horses were concerned, with four seven-figure horses exiting the ring again.
A Bernardini filly who is a half sister to champion Proud Spell lit up the Keeneland sales ring Sept. 10 when she was purchased by Baumann Stables for $1.3 million.
After taking just three days to surpass total sales recorded last year, the Keeneland January horses of all ages sale registered strong gross, average, and median when this year's auction wrapped up Jan. 11 in Lexington.
American Oaks Stakes (gr. IT) winner Nereid brought the highest price so far at the Keeneland January horses of all ages sale when she fetched a final bid of $1.3 million.
Most Popular Stories
- Blue Grass, Wood Memorial Downgraded
- Departing Retired to Claiborne Farm
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Doctor J Dub Breakthrough Horse for Antonucci
- Arrogate Returns to Work Tab
- Cathryn Sophia to Pioneerof the Nile in 2017
- Anchor Down Retired to Gainesway
- Motion Hopes to Stay Hot in Matriarch
- Ellis Historical Racing to Exacta Systems
- V. E. Day Retired to Waldorf Farm