The Keeneland September sale's second Book 1 session Sept. 10 proved as bullish as the previous day's opener as far as $1 million horses were concerned, with four seven-figure horses exiting the ring again.
A Bernardini filly who is a half sister to champion Proud Spell lit up the Keeneland sales ring Sept. 10 when she was purchased by Baumann Stables for $1.3 million.
After taking just three days to surpass total sales recorded last year, the Keeneland January horses of all ages sale registered strong gross, average, and median when this year's auction wrapped up Jan. 11 in Lexington.
American Oaks Stakes (gr. IT) winner Nereid brought the highest price so far at the Keeneland January horses of all ages sale when she fetched a final bid of $1.3 million.
Most Popular Stories
- The Truth Or Else Joins Belmont Stakes Mix
- Smooth Stride Could Lift American Pharoah
- Secretariat's Birthplace Named 'Historic'
- Grade I Winner Molly Morgan Retired
- Star-Studded Group Nominated for Los Al Derby
- No Belmont Stakes for Conquest Curlinate
- Commentary: Saving, Not Destroying the House
- Power Alert Seeks Riches at Evangeline Downs
- Groupie Doll's First Foal's Homecoming
- That Handicapping Show: Belmont Preview