The Keeneland September sale's second Book 1 session Sept. 10 proved as bullish as the previous day's opener as far as $1 million horses were concerned, with four seven-figure horses exiting the ring again.
A Bernardini filly who is a half sister to champion Proud Spell lit up the Keeneland sales ring Sept. 10 when she was purchased by Baumann Stables for $1.3 million.
After taking just three days to surpass total sales recorded last year, the Keeneland January horses of all ages sale registered strong gross, average, and median when this year's auction wrapped up Jan. 11 in Lexington.
American Oaks Stakes (gr. IT) winner Nereid brought the highest price so far at the Keeneland January horses of all ages sale when she fetched a final bid of $1.3 million.
Most Popular Stories
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Uncontested to Skip Rebel Stakes
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- El Areeb Confirmed to Start in Gotham Stakes
- Mo Town, Guest Suite Set for Risen Star Showdown
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- Mind Your Biscuits Set for Gulfstream Park Sprint
- International Star Could Add to Fair Grounds Success
- Grade 1 Haskell Headlines Monmouth Stakes Schedule