The Keeneland September sale's second Book 1 session Sept. 10 proved as bullish as the previous day's opener as far as $1 million horses were concerned, with four seven-figure horses exiting the ring again.
A Bernardini filly who is a half sister to champion Proud Spell lit up the Keeneland sales ring Sept. 10 when she was purchased by Baumann Stables for $1.3 million.
After taking just three days to surpass total sales recorded last year, the Keeneland January horses of all ages sale registered strong gross, average, and median when this year's auction wrapped up Jan. 11 in Lexington.
American Oaks Stakes (gr. IT) winner Nereid brought the highest price so far at the Keeneland January horses of all ages sale when she fetched a final bid of $1.3 million.
Most Popular Stories
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup
- Casse Duo Set for Queen's Plate Run
- Neolithic Back Galloping After Respiratory Illness
- Untrapped Aims for First Stakes win in Ohio Derby
- Kitasan Black Faces 10 in Takarazuka Kinen
- Litfin at Large: Class Horses Figure in Ohio Derby
- Disco Rico and His Record-Setting Son Disco Partner
- The Player to Return on Churchill's Closing Night
- Belterra to Honor the late Harry Holcomb