Abashiri won the South African Derby (SAF-I) April 30 at Turffontein racecourse in Johannesburg to complete a sweep of nation's Triple Crown.
Brilliant 3-year-old gelding Abashiri took his next step toward potential Triple Crown glory when he won the SA Classic (SAf-I), April 2 at Turffontein.
While the aggregate of the National yearling sale dropped slight from last year, there was an overall sense of satisfaction following the auction's conclusion the evening of April 24 in Germison, South Africa.
According to a statement from Lammerskraal Stud, champion South African sire Western Winter died Sept. 12. He was euthanized after breaking a front leg while recovering from colic surgery.
Capetown Noir was a convincing winner of the Cape Premier Yearling Sales Guineas (SAf-I) in South Africa Dec. 22.
Grade II winner Parade Leader, a full or half-brother to five stakes winners, has been purchased for stallion duty by Mike and Norma Rattray's Lammerskraal Stud
Most Popular Stories
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- California Chrome Logs Weekly Drill at Los Al
- Lord Nelson Lunges to Triple Bend Score
- Un Autre First Winner for I'll Have Another
- Nyquist Logs Easy Afternoon Workout
- Tepin Makes Stop at Belmont Park
- Isabella Sings Sails Home in Eatontown
- Sarah Sis Returns to Winning Ways in Chicago
- Harzand Completes Derby Double at Curragh