While the aggregate of the National yearling sale dropped slight from last year, there was an overall sense of satisfaction following the auction's conclusion the evening of April 24 in Germison, South Africa.
According to a statement from Lammerskraal Stud, champion South African sire Western Winter died Sept. 12. He was euthanized after breaking a front leg while recovering from colic surgery.
Capetown Noir was a convincing winner of the Cape Premier Yearling Sales Guineas (SAf-I) in South Africa Dec. 22.
Grade II winner Parade Leader, a full or half-brother to five stakes winners, has been purchased for stallion duty by Mike and Norma Rattray's Lammerskraal Stud
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Has Final Work for Haskell
- American Pharoah Will Dictate Race Schedule
- Frac Daddy Retired With Suspensory Strain
- Small Farm Yields Big Returns for Smith
- It's Wait and See for Large WV Derby Field
- Sprint Champ, Commanding Curve Spice Stakes
- CDI Plans to Demolish Calder Grandstand
- Stanford Among Seven for Curlin Stakes
- The Week in Photos for 7/28/2015
- Belmont Average Handle, Attendance Decline