Abashiri won the South African Derby (SAF-I) April 30 at Turffontein racecourse in Johannesburg to complete a sweep of nation's Triple Crown.
Brilliant 3-year-old gelding Abashiri took his next step toward potential Triple Crown glory when he won the SA Classic (SAf-I), April 2 at Turffontein.
While the aggregate of the National yearling sale dropped slight from last year, there was an overall sense of satisfaction following the auction's conclusion the evening of April 24 in Germison, South Africa.
According to a statement from Lammerskraal Stud, champion South African sire Western Winter died Sept. 12. He was euthanized after breaking a front leg while recovering from colic surgery.
Capetown Noir was a convincing winner of the Cape Premier Yearling Sales Guineas (SAf-I) in South Africa Dec. 22.
Grade II winner Parade Leader, a full or half-brother to five stakes winners, has been purchased for stallion duty by Mike and Norma Rattray's Lammerskraal Stud
Most Popular Stories
- Swipe at Belmont Preparing for His Return
- Cyrus Alexander Wins Lone Star Handicap
- Creator Works, Set for Trip to New York
- Illuminant Upsets Wekeela in Gamely Stakes
- Living The Life Beats Males in All American
- Exaggerator Gallops Lap Around Belmont Track
- Untapable Prepares for Start in Fleur de Lis
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'
- 'Breaking' in a New Fan
- The Art of Exaggerator's Stud Deal