Exploring Fractures and the Thoroughbred at AAEP. Download Now
Using joint injections to help treat common causes of lameness and reduced performance Download Now
Dr. Scott Palmer describes some common shoeing techniques for racehorses. watch video
The board of directors of Grayson-Jockey Club Research Foundation has approved funding of 12 new projects plus an unprecedented three Storm Cat Development Awards.
The California Horse Racing Board, looking to improve upon a rule it approved last year, is considering a change that would void the claim of a horse that is later placed on the official veterinary list for being unsound.
An osselet is a traumatic arthritis of the fetlock of the equine front leg. Left unchecked, osselets compromise the horse's athletic potential and his ability to move soundly and fluidly.
Extracorporeal shock wave therapy (ESWT) has been used in humans to disintegrate kidney stones and treat musculoskeletal problems. The technology also has shown promise in alleviating bone and tendon ailments in the horse.
Most Popular Stories
- Wise Dan Making Progress, Still Tack-Walking
- Champion Sire Smart Strike Euthanized
- MA House Passes Suffolk Simulcast Extension
- Shared Belief Traveling East for CT Classic
- VLT Expansion Proposals Shot Down in New York
- Commissioner Eyes Easier Skip Away Prize
- RMTC Board Announces Cobalt Threshold
- That Handicapping Show: Louisiana Derby
- War Correspondent, Lochte Head Appleton
- Riposte Primed For Big Effort in Orchid