Weekend testing done by both a local laboratory and the University of Illinois have come up negative for horses quarantined at Belmont Park that were suspected of having been exposed to the bacteria that causes a contagious respiratory disease called "strangles."
New York Racing Association's veterinarian team has tested every horse in quarantined barn 60 at Belmont Park after the filly Lady Libby showed signs of contracting the respiratory disease strangles.
The New York Racing Association placed the Belmont Park barn of trainer Steve Kappes under quarantine May 27 following discovery of a suspected case of strangles.
Joseph Allen's Asti will be making her first American start in the $100,000 Beaugay Handicap (gr. IIIT) for fillies and mares on the Aqueduct Park turf Saturday.
Brandela and Big Tease tallied mild upset victories Sunday in separate divisions of Belmont Park's Mount Vernon Handicap for New York-bred fillies and mares.
Most Popular Stories
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- Southwest the Next Target for Uncontested
- Strong Racing Stable Has Oxley Looking Forward
- Finest City Entered for 2017 Debut in Santa Monica
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- Dr. Zic Among 36 Added to Fasig-Tipton Winter Mixed
- Uncle Lino Back to Work at Santa Anita
- Sunshine Millions Cuts After FTBOA Withholds Payment
- Eclipse Awards to be Televised on TVG2
- A Closer Look at Smarty Jones Winner Uncontested