Juddmonte Farms' Riposte may be the class of the field in the $200,000 Sheepshead Bay Stakes (gr. IIT) May 24, run over 1 3/8 miles on Belmont Park's inner turf course.
Centring, grade I-placed in three New York events this season for trainer Tom Albertrani, looks to break through with a class drop in the $200,000 Turnback the Alarm Handicap (gr. IIIT) Oct. 26 at Belmont Park.
Champion Royal Delta looks to defend her status as the racing world's star female against the brilliant 3-year-old Princess of Sylmar Sept. 28 in the $400,000 Beldame (gr. I) at Belmont Park.
- By Blood-Horse Staff
- Thoroughbred Racing, Northeast Region, Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association
The 2013 edition of the Glens Falls Stakes, which was scheduled for the turf as a grade III but moved to the dirt Sept. 2 at Saratoga Race Course, will be considered a listed stakes race.
Front-running favorite Lady Cohiba outlasted the closing White Rose to win the $150,000 Glens Falls Stakes, which was taken off the inner turf and contested on a muddy main track on closing day at Saratoga Sept. 2
Nine days after My Wandy's Girl won the Pentelis Stakes in her introduction to racing in the continental 48 states, her connections will wheel her back for a stiffer test -- the $350,000 Gazelle Stakes.
- By Vic Zast
Rosie Napravnik stars on Ladies Day at Saratoga. read blog
The Demoiselle Stakes, an important race for juvenile fillies under early consideration for the Kentucky Oaks (gr. I), drew a full field of 10 promising young females headlined by Lady Cohiba and Awalkinthemoonlite.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Beholder Fires Bullet, Ready to Rumble
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- NY Regulators Tighten Underage Gambling Rules
- Nyquist Improving; Exaggerator Jogs Two Miles
- Beam Appointed to Ohio Fund Advisory Panel
- Colt is First Winner for Maclean's Music
- Centeno Recovering in Florida After Spill
- Making the Grade: Exaggerator's Belmont Shot