A competitive filed of older fillies and mares, including previous Arlington Park graded stakes winner Upperline, comprise the lineup for the May 26 Arlington Matron Stakes (gr. III) at Arlington Park.
On a day that belonged the Julien Leparoux, it was Rajiv Maragh that was able to narrowly outduel his fellow rider in the Keeneland feature, as Pachattack defeated Kathmanblu by a neck in the $100,000 Doubledogdare.
Tracy Farmer's La Gran Bailadora, fifth in last year's Hilliard Lyons Doubledogdare Stakes (gr. III) after a slow start, will give it another try April 20 in the 1 1/16-mile stakes for fillies and mares at Keeneland.
Favored Aruna, racing on Polytrack for the first time, emerged from the pack approaching mid-stretch and quickly took control to win the $500,000 Juddmonte Spinster Stakes (gr. I) at Keeneland Oct. 9.
Shug McGaughey, Bill Mott, and Todd Pletcher, who have won three of the last four editions of the $500,000 Juddmonte Spinster (gr. I), are back again with multiple contenders in the prestigious race Oct. 9 at Keeneland.
Images from WinStar Kentucky Cup Day, September 24, 2011. View Slideshow
La Gran Bailadora came from far off the pace on the final turn to capture the $100,000 Distorted Humor Kentucky Cup Distaff (gr. III) Sept. 24, giving trainer Mike Maker three consecutive stakes wins on the Turfway Park card.
A well-matched stakes undercard featuring a pair of grade III events and two other races worth $100,000 apiece supports the WinStar Kentucky Cup in its return to Turfway Park Sept. 24 after a one-year absence.
Pachattack roared to the lead rounding the final turn and romped to her first graded stakes win in the $100,000 Arlington Matron (gr. III) May 28 at Arlington Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Battalion Runner, Malagacy to Bypass Kentucky Derby
- Fast Work Provides Relief for Girvin's Connections
- Thunder Snow Confirmed for Kentucky Derby
- Gormley Puts in Unconventional Final Derby Work
- Business as Usual for J Boys Echo in Derby Breeze
- Official Veterinary Team From China Visits Kentucky
- Pletcher Breezes Four Kentucky Derby Hopefuls
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Turf Mile Saturday
- Classic Empire a Pro in Four-Furlong Move
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out