Winchell Thoroughbreds' champion racemare is set for her return to the races for the second year in a row in the $350,000 Azeri Stakes (gr. II) March 19 at Oaklawn Park.
Grade I winner Birdatthewire will make her second start of 2016 in the $200,000 Santa Maria Stakes (gr. II) Feb. 13 at Santa Anita Park.
It's the time of year to think outside the box a bit, and that's exactly why DP Racing's Prize Exhibit is trying the dirt for the first time in the $200,000 Santa Monica Stakes (gr. II) Jan. 23 at Santa Anita Park.
Spendthrift Farm's indefatigable 5-year-old mare was once again much the best at Santa Anita Park, taking the $300,000 Zenyatta Stakes (gr. I) in the easiest of gallops Sept. 26.
Charlie Em and Scarlet Strike, just a head apart when one-two, respectively in the Senorita Stakes (gr. IIIT) last month, square off again in the $150,000 Honeymoon Handicap (gr. IIT) June 8 at Betfair Hollywood Park.
Charlie Em made a brilliant United States debut when she held off 3-5 favorite Scarlet Strike by a head in the $100,500 Senorita Stakes (gr. IIIT) on the turf at Betfair Hollywood Park May 11.
Trainer Jerry Hollendorfer looks to resume his torrid start to the Hollywood Park meet when he sends out Providencia Stakes (gr. IIIT) winner Scarlet Strike in the $100,000 Senorita Stakes (gr. IIIT) on the grass May 11.
Most Popular Stories
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- Curlin Colt Sets Midlantic Record at $1.5 Million
- Agent O'Neill Bullish on Stallion Orb
- What's Going On Here: The Pay Off
- McCraken Back on Work Tab After Derby Disappointment
- Thunder Snow, Churchill Face Off in Irish 2,000 Guineas
- Grade 1 Winner, Sire Devil His Due Dies at 28
- Orb Colt Lives Up to Buzz Selling For $710,000
- Cloud Computing Leaves Pimlico, Others Thinking Belmont