On April 15, friends who worked with trainer Mike Mitchell over the years recalled the life of the iconic trainer who worked in Southern California for nearly 40 years.
Fox affiliates around the country will feature live coverage of the $750,000 West Virginia Derby (gr. II) Aug. 3 on a one-hour telecast from Mountaineer Casino Racetrack & Resort.
Racing channel HRTV has reached an agreement with Christina Olivares Blacker to join the network, beginning Dec. 26. Additionally HRTV has reached a deal to make Kurt Hoover full-time.
The 42nd annual Holy Angels/Santa Anita Jockeys Charity Basketball game will take place Feb. 26 at 7 p.m. at La Salle High School in Pasadena, Ca. Proceeds will benefit the Holy Angels athletic department and legendary Hall of Fame jockeys Eddie Delahoussaye and Laffit Pincay Jr. will serve as honorary captains.
A pair of emotional stories involving two popular figures in Southern California Thoroughbred racing circles will be the featured segments when HorseRacing TV's new show, "Inside Information," airs this Sunday, March 18 at 8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association announced Tuesday that, for the first time, the official "Breeders' Cup Simulcast Show" -- the video sent to racetracks and other wagering facilities from the Breeders' Cup site -- will be available on the Internet live via streaming video on Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships Day Saturday.
In an effort to snap a two-game losing streak, the Santa Anita jockeys will put a new and improved lineup on the floor when they play Holy Angels School in their annual basketball game Feb. 26 at La Salle High School in Pasadena.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset
- Fear the Cowboy Takes Skip Away in Late Drive
- Juvenile Sales Scene Moves West to Barretts
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen
- Fields Set for Louisiana Derby, Fair Grounds Oaks
- I Thought I had Seen it All
- Second Summer Catches Sharp Azteca in Godolphin Mile
- Irish War Cry Works With Wood Memorial Bid Likely