Dual classic winner Big Brown is scheduled to have his prep for the Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) in a turf race at Monmouth Park on Sept. 13, according to Michael Iavarone, co-president and co-CEO of IEAH Stables.
While turf racing wasn't originally scheduled to commence at Monmouth Park until June 24, management is planning on carding the first race on the brand new course six days earlier than expected.
A quartet of runners from the Tim Hills barn were the first to try the new Monmouth Park turf when they all worked over the surface on Monday -- the first horses to set foot on the $4.5 million course.
The National Association of Two-Year-Old Consignors announced that the 2005 NATC Futurities will be run Sept. 24 at Monmouth Park.
The New Jersey Sports and Exposition Authority will meet with Breeders' Cup officials next week about the possibility of hosting the 2007 Breeders' Cup at either Monmouth Park or The Meadowlands.
Most Popular Stories
- Belle Gallantey Steals Delaware Handicap
- Empire Dreams Lands New York Derby
- Ben's Cat Claims Thrilling Parx Dash 3-Peat
- Starspangledbanner to Return to Coolmore
- Shakin It Up Retired, To Stand at Spendthrift
- Hangover Kid Strikes Late in Bowling Green
- Darley Sire Commands Dies in Australia
- Former Classics Starters Line Up in Jean Prat
- Slade Power Convincing July Cup Victor
- Calder's Top Racing Official to Stay With CDI