Dual classic winner Big Brown is scheduled to have his prep for the Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) in a turf race at Monmouth Park on Sept. 13, according to Michael Iavarone, co-president and co-CEO of IEAH Stables.
While turf racing wasn't originally scheduled to commence at Monmouth Park until June 24, management is planning on carding the first race on the brand new course six days earlier than expected.
A quartet of runners from the Tim Hills barn were the first to try the new Monmouth Park turf when they all worked over the surface on Monday -- the first horses to set foot on the $4.5 million course.
The National Association of Two-Year-Old Consignors announced that the 2005 NATC Futurities will be run Sept. 24 at Monmouth Park.
- By Victor Ryan
The New Jersey Sports and Exposition Authority will meet with Breeders' Cup officials next week about the possibility of hosting the 2007 Breeders' Cup at either Monmouth Park or The Meadowlands.
Most Popular Stories
- Alert Bay Repeats in San Francisco Mile
- Battalion Runner, Malagacy to Bypass Kentucky Derby
- Thunder Snow Confirmed for Kentucky Derby
- Fast Work Provides Relief for Girvin's Connections
- Trust in Tammy: Fox Taught J Boys Echo His Lessons Well
- Gormley Puts in Unconventional Final Derby Work
- McErin, Five Fillies Take on Kentucky Juvenile Stakes
- War Correspondent Responds in Miami Mile
- Pletcher Breezes Four Kentucky Derby Hopefuls
- Farhaan Makes the Grade in Thunder Road