Dual classic winner Big Brown is scheduled to have his prep for the Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) in a turf race at Monmouth Park on Sept. 13, according to Michael Iavarone, co-president and co-CEO of IEAH Stables.
While turf racing wasn't originally scheduled to commence at Monmouth Park until June 24, management is planning on carding the first race on the brand new course six days earlier than expected.
A quartet of runners from the Tim Hills barn were the first to try the new Monmouth Park turf when they all worked over the surface on Monday -- the first horses to set foot on the $4.5 million course.
The National Association of Two-Year-Old Consignors announced that the 2005 NATC Futurities will be run Sept. 24 at Monmouth Park.
- By Victor Ryan
The New Jersey Sports and Exposition Authority will meet with Breeders' Cup officials next week about the possibility of hosting the 2007 Breeders' Cup at either Monmouth Park or The Meadowlands.
Most Popular Stories
- American Cleopatra Entered at Del Mar
- Champion Tepin Will Bypass Fourstardave
- Nyquist, Exaggerator Renew Rivalry in Haskell
- Lady Eli Pointed to Aug. 27 Ballston Spa
- Ortiz Lands 1,000th Win in John Morrisey
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Mountaineer's Leading Trainer Suspended
- Alsvid Takes on Lord Nelson in Bing Crosby
- Stellar Wind to Challenge Beholder Again
- A Longshot in the Vanderbilt Handicap