Top Fortitude, overlooked by bettors at 30-1 after a poor 2014 debut a month earlier, outfought his challengers in the stretch May 10 to post a huge surprise in the $100,000 Lazaro Barrera Stakes (gr. III) at Santa Anita.
First-out maiden winners Top Fortitude and Midnight Hawk each take a giant step into graded company as part of a field of six 3-year-olds in the $100,000 Sham Stakes (gr. III) Jan. 11 at Santa Anita Park.
Dual graded stakes winner Uh Oh Bango has been retired and will enter stud in 2014 at E.A. Ranches farm near Ramona, Calif. A fee has yet to be announced for the 6-year-old son of Top Hit.
Uh Oh Bango disposed of pacesetter Skipshot in upper stretch and held favored Tres Borrachos safe through the lane to win the $150,000 San Pasqual Stakes (gr. II) Jan. 7 at Santa Anita.
Uh Oh Bango outfought favored Bold Chieftain by a head in a terrific finish to post the first graded stakes win of his career in the $100,000 Berkeley (gr. III) at Golden Gate Fields May 30.
Triple AAA Ranch's Uh Oh Bango fractured his left front cannon bone in last weekend's Arkansas Derby (gr. II) and will be out of action for four to six months, his trainer Kory Owens said April 13.
Triple AAA Ranch's Arizona homebred Ez Dreamer left a tired field behind nearing the furlong pole and drew away to a 9 3/4-length laugher in the $50,000 Rattlesnake Stakes for 3-year-olds at Turf Paradise in Phoenix Jan. 20.
While the outcome of Monday's $150,000 Santa Ynez Stakes for 3-year-old fillies won't be known until they run the grade II race at Santa Anita, there is one near-certainty in the race: Triple AAA Ranch Ayanna should have the lead at the first call.
Most Popular Stories
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- U S Officer, Cool Arrow Set for Springboard
- Lemon Drop Kid an Emerging Broodmare Sire
- Northwest Stud Announces 2017 Stud Fees
- Trainer Davis Looks Forward to More Success
- Santa Anita Moves American Oaks to Dec. 31
- Miss Temple City Scores Matriarch by a Nose
- Rockridge's Posse Will Not Return to U.S.
- Track Maintenance Internships Being Offered
- Ward Joins Water Hay Oats Alliance