Ridden patiently by Shaun Bridgmohan, Kodiak Kowboy swept past Bribon and Vineyard Haven in deep stretch to win the $300,000 Hill 'n' Dale Cigar Mile Handicap (gr. I) at Aqueduct Nov. 28.
Angled to the middle of the track for the stretch run by jockey Gabriel Saez, heavy choice Kodiak Kowboy overpowered his rivals in the $200,000 Donald LeVine Memorial Handicap to win by four lengths at Philadelphia Park June 27.
- By Claire Novak
Ask Rick Porter and Vinery Farm manager Tom Ludt to comment on the sales histories of the 2-year-old Posse colt Kodiak Kowboy and his dam, Kokadrie, and the two men spin a circular tale.
Most Popular Stories
- Legends: Charlie Whittingham, the Bald Eagle
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Morris to Ride Mongolian Saturday in July Cup
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Six Neglected Horses Cleared to Leave Farm
- 375 Yearlings Cataloged for Arqana Sale
- Gaudet, Amoss to Join Saratoga Live Team
- Bramlage: Decreased Use of Depo-Medrol a Plus
- Fewer Fatalities Tied to Risk-Factor Changes