Linchpin, a full brother to 2014 leading freshman sire Quality Road, will launch his stud career in 2015 at Elwin and Patti Gibson's Gibson Thoroughbred Farm in Thorp, Washington.
Trainer Todd Pletcher will train the grade I winner up to the Breeders' Cup Classic Nov. 6 at Churchill Downs.
Quality Road got back on track in the $750,000 Woodward Stakes (gr. I), easily defeating an overmatched field under John Velazquez to earn his fourth grade I win Sept. 4 at Saratoga.
Quality Road broke his own nine-furlong track record that he set last year at Gulfstream Park, turning in a dazzling performance when crushing the field the field Feb. 6 in the $500,000 Donn Handicap (gr. I).
In his first race since his famous starting gate tantrum prior to the Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I), Quality Road was much the best in the $100,000 Hal's Hope Stakes (gr. III), winning by 2 3/4 lengths at Gulfstream Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- American Gal, Union Strike Meet in Starlet
- Resilient Humor Debut Winner for Sassy Image
- Retired Valet Ward Dies in Kentucky
- Trainer Brown Gearing Up for Gulfstream
- A Look Back at A.P. Indy's Hollywood Futurity
- Aqueduct Announcers Bring Youth, Experience
- Promising Mastery Heads Los Al Futurity Field
- Ferndale Racetrack OK After Earthquake