Linchpin, a full brother to 2014 leading freshman sire Quality Road, will launch his stud career in 2015 at Elwin and Patti Gibson's Gibson Thoroughbred Farm in Thorp, Washington.
Trainer Todd Pletcher will train the grade I winner up to the Breeders' Cup Classic Nov. 6 at Churchill Downs.
Quality Road got back on track in the $750,000 Woodward Stakes (gr. I), easily defeating an overmatched field under John Velazquez to earn his fourth grade I win Sept. 4 at Saratoga.
Quality Road broke his own nine-furlong track record that he set last year at Gulfstream Park, turning in a dazzling performance when crushing the field the field Feb. 6 in the $500,000 Donn Handicap (gr. I).
In his first race since his famous starting gate tantrum prior to the Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I), Quality Road was much the best in the $100,000 Hal's Hope Stakes (gr. III), winning by 2 3/4 lengths at Gulfstream Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Brings Baffert Back to World Cup
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Dubai World Cup Night
- Owner-Breeder Bertram Klein Dies
- Litfin at Large: Getting Handle on Dubai World Cup Card
- Zulu Seeks Skip Away Rebound
- Different Paths, Futures for Two Spiral Contenders
- Arnold Believes Spiral is Good Spot for Convict Pike
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Mind Your Biscuits Could Give Summers First Win
- El Areeb Works at Laurel Toward Wood Memorial